Netherlands, Gelderland, Ochten€3,000 - €5,200 per monthEngineering
Are you the person who takes responsibility for making our high-tech solutions work to their full potential? Do you not fear any technical challenge and do you believe in contributing to a better world? If so, the position of All-round Engineer might well be ideal for you.
About our company
Since we started out in 2011, we have been developing an automated process to determine the sex of a chick while still inside the egg. We aim to prevent the hatching and then culling of billions of male chicks worldwide just because they do not lay eggs. In 2020, we installed the first version of our Ella machine in a hatchery. Since then, we have developed the technology further, and a new, improved Ella began operating in 2022.
We can proudly report that during the last few months alone, we have prevented 400,000 day-old male chicks from being killed. Our mission is to end the culling of male chicks completely.
Ella is only the initial step on our journey, our first pioneering innovation. We are determined to develop our business further and create many more innovative ideas. When it comes to animal welfare and climate change, all sorts of challenges exist and cry out for imaginative ideas and unconventional solutions. These are precisely the challenges that drive us forward.
At In Ovo, we combine analytical insight with a no-nonsense approach. We don’t get caught up in endless discussions. And we don't stare at the screen for hours on end. We look at the hatcheries from the inside. Because our solutions have to work for them if what we do is to succeed.
As an Allround Engineer, you will be actively involved with the team of engineers in developing, optimising, implementing and keeping our solutions operational. Depending on your knowledge and experience, we will look at which position will suit you best. Initially, this will be for our Ella machine, where we want to improve both the output, automation, robustness and user-friendliness of our machine in the hatchery. You are not doing this all by yourself, of course. You will work together with both In Ovo colleagues and several external partners.
- The person who does not shy away from a technical challenge and is energised to find cool technical solutions.
- Educated in Mechanical Engineering or another technical field.
- Committed, stress-resistant and able to work in a busy environment.
- Convinced in communicating well in Dutch and English and do you move easily between different groups of people.
- Curious about In Ovo's complex technical approach and do you quickly master new techniques.
- In possession of a driving licence.
- Interested in and have an affinity with technology and animal welfare.
In addition, you preferably have knowledge and experience of:.
- Automating industrialised processes.
- 3D CAD/SolidWorks modelling.
- A track record of creative and pragmatic solutions to problems.
- A talent for project management.
- You enjoy tinkering or building yourself.
What we can offer
Working as a Allround engineer at In Ovo means contributing to a fast-growing, ambitious organisation. You will deal with interesting and sometimes complex marketing projects, issues and brainteasers. In Ovo is a company large enough for you to work on a wide range of topics but small enough to stamp your mark and make a difference. Our culture is informal and the lines of communication short.
We also offer the following.
- A scale-up company setting that allows you to benefit from unique opportunities that have a global impact on animal welfare.
- A ground-breaking environment where you enjoy a lot of responsibility and can constantly seek out new opportunities and ways to develop.
- A salary between € 3,000. – and € 5,200. -, depending on your working experience.
- 25 days’ holiday per year, a pension and a working-from-home allowance.
- An annual budget of € 1,500. - for personal development
If you find the position interesting but have a few doubts, that is completely understandable.
Candidates who think they do not fully meet all the requirements tend to refrain from applying for certain positions. Unfortunately, this is more prevalent among women and people from ethnic minority backgrounds. So, we welcome applicants even if they have some doubts. We look forward to discussing your qualities and perhaps offering you a suitable position with our organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and a short application letter. If you would like more information, contact Annemarie Burgers, HR manager on +31 (0)6 18537180 or send an email to email@example.com
Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers using the contact details for this vacancy.