Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Leiden€3,500 - €5,000 per monthEve
Are you the one who loves working with new technology and making products that actually work and are used in "real life"? Do you know all about electronics and do you want to contribute your knowledge towards making the world a little better? Then apply immediately, we are looking for you!
About our company
Eve, an In Ovo project, was originated in practice when we found out that chicks literally and figuratively hatch in a black box. With our sensor platform, we measure as many variables as possible in hatcheries that determine animal welfare and the hatching success of chicks. To do this, the Eve team combines knowledge of software, hardware, sensors, IoT, poultry and big data to generate monitoring-based insights that lead to improvements in the hatching process. We are now moving from development to rolling out Eve, quickly making an impact on millions of animals.
For more information, check out our website: www.hatchwitheve.com.
We have a young and ambitious team that enjoys working on interesting technology and doing fun things. We work together to make our company and solutions succeed. This creates both challenges and victories that we naturally celebrate. In short: a pleasant and informal atmosphere!
At In Ovo, we combine analytical insight with a no-nonsense approach. We don’t get caught up in endless discussions. And we don't stare at the screen for hours on end. We look at the hatcheries from the inside. Because our solutions have to work for them if what we do is to succeed.
Over the past 2 years, we have been building our sensor platform. Our first series of sensors are now produced by an external party, and we have plenty of ideas for improvements. As a hardware engineer, you are the link between the information the hatchery would like to have and what can be technically done. Based on requests from our poultry experts, you find out which hardware components we can add and define the necessary requirements. You will also develop, prototype and test the hardware, after which it can be outsourced to our external party for serial production. You have experience with electronics, data collection and sensors, firmware programming and you are not afraid of soldering. You love working with new technology and making products that work and are used in real life. Above all, you are someone who works as part of a team.
- Educated in electronics or technical computer science (HBO)
- Well known with wireless networks, such as Zigbee, LoRa or Bluetooth
- Practical and result- oriented
- If you are experienced with analogue electronics and/or embedded software it is an advantage
- You have a drivers licence
- You have interest in technology and animal welfare
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
What we can offer
Working as a Hardware engineer at In Ovo means contributing to a fast-growing, ambitious organisation. You will deal with interesting and sometimes complex projects, issues and brainteasers. In Ovo is a company large enough for you to work on a wide range of topics but small enough to stamp your mark and make a difference. Our culture is informal and the lines of communication short.
We also offer the following.
- A scale-up company setting that allows you to benefit from unique opportunities that have a global impact on animal welfare.
- A ground-breaking environment where you enjoy a lot of responsibility and can constantly seek out new opportunities and ways to develop.
- A salary between € 3,500. – and € 5,000. -, depending on your working experience.
- An annual budget of € 1,500. - for personal development
- A working week of 32 – 40 hours with a healthy ‘work-life’ balance
- 25 days’ holiday per year, a pension and a working-from-home allowance.
If you find the position interesting but have a few doubts, that is completely understandable.
Candidates who think they do not fully meet all the requirements tend to refrain from applying for certain positions. Unfortunately, this is more prevalent among women and people from ethnic minority backgrounds. So, we welcome applicants even if they have some doubts. We look forward to discussing your qualities and perhaps offering you a suitable position with our organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and a short application letter. If you would like more information, contact Annemarie Burgers, HR manager on +31 (0)6 18537180 or send an email to email@example.com
Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers using the contact details for this vacancy.