Technical Project Lead
Netherlands, Gelderland, OchtenEngineering
Are you the Project Lead who we are looking for?! Do you have technical experience, but mostly the overview of bringing a project from A to B and while doing this, can you take the team with you and do you help them we’re needed? Do you get energy from working in a scale-up environment with room for innovation and (personal) development? And do you want to contribute to sustainability and animal welfare? Become our Project Lead!
Who we are
Over the past 10 years, In Ovo has been developing and implementing our high-tech Ella machine, which can determine the gender of eggs. This prevents the culling of millions of chicks per machine and has a massive impact on animal welfare and efficiency, saves resources, and creates a more ethically acceptable egg production channel. With new legislation and interest from retailers coming up in multiple countries, we see more and more hatcheries requesting the In Ovo solution to support their business. We will grow considerably as a company, continue to improve our machines and will put many machines in the market, in order to end the culling of chicks completely. This way, we will make a significant, positive impact on animal welfare and sustainability in the global poultry sector over the coming years.
You will be joining a young and ambitious team that likes to have fun. The entire team works ambitiously to realize the success of the company and our solutions. This creates many challenges and therefore also many victories, and successes are there to be celebrated. In short: a pleasant and informal atmosphere! Catching up with colleagues is extremely valuable to us to maintain our connection.
Who you are
Our priority is to keep improving and optimizing our high-tech machine, Ella. To steer this development process in the right direction, we need you as a Project Lead. You think about technical concepts to improve the process, after which you further develop, test, validate and ultimately implement the concept with the team. You guide the team of R&D engineers through this process: from project plan to final SAT. In addition to offer structure, it is important that you can use your substantive R&D knowledge, so that you can see where improvement is needed and you can implement the first development. You also have the right skills to involve the team in what you think and do, to motivate them and support them where needed, so that the project is brought to a successful conclusion. You report the status and progress of the project to management.
Who we are looking for
As our Project Lead you have:
- Completed a relevant HBO education.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a (technical) development environment
- A no nonsense mentality and you are result-oriented
- Experience in setting up and leading projects
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude, with which you support, compose and form the team.
- Do you speak fluent English and Dutch? Other languages are a plus.
- Affinity with animal welfare and technology
- A driver's license B.
- Willingness to travel regularly for short periods, for the time being within Europe
What we offer
- A scale-up environment with the opportunity to make a global impact on animal welfare
- The innovative character of In Ovo, which will support you to continuously seek new opportunities and chances to grow.
- A fast-growing multidisciplinary team with whom you make the world a little better every day. We are convinced that different backgrounds and perspectives make our team stronger.
- Personal development, which is our key to success.
Besides that, we offer:
- Salary from € 5000 gross on fulltime basis, based on knowledge and experience.
- A workweek of 32-40 hours with a healthy ‘work-life’ balance, in which a lot of flexibility is possible
- Travel opportunities due to our intention for fast international growth
- Good working conditions, including 25 vacation days (on a full-time basis), a pension and a work-from-home allowance
- A yearly budget for personal development.
Unfortunately, it is a fact that you respond less quickly to a vacancy when you don’t meet the requirements entirely. This seems to happen more often among women and minorities. We encourage you to apply, also when you have doubts! Let’s discuss your qualities and how we can offer you a fitting role within our cool organization.
Apply with your resume and a motivation letter. In case you want more information, please contact Nienke Stuijt, recruiter, at +31 6 51689666 or email@example.com