Ochten en Poppel (BE), Gelderland, Netherlands€3,000 - €3,500 per monthOperations
Are you the operator who is only satisfied when the production runs optimally? Do you have technical insight and are you adventurous enough to meet our growth ambition? Then you are the one we are looking for!
About our company
Since we started out in 2011, we have been developing an automated process to determine the sex of a chick while still inside the egg. We aim to prevent the hatching and then culling of billions of male chicks worldwide just because they do not lay eggs. In 2020, we installed the first version of our Ella machine in a hatchery. Since then, we have developed the technology further, and a new, improved Ella began operating in 2022.
We can proudly report that during the last few months alone, we have prevented hundred of thousands day-old male chicks from being killed. Our mission is to end the culling of male chicks completely.
Ella is only the initial step on our journey, our first pioneering innovation. We are determined to develop our business further and create many more innovative ideas. When it comes to animal welfare and climate change, all sorts of challenges exist and cry out for imaginative ideas and unconventional solutions. These are precisely the challenges that drive us forward.
At In Ovo, we combine analytical insight with a no-nonsense approach. We don’t get caught up in endless discussions. And we don't stare at the screen for hours on end. We look at the hatcheries from the inside. Because our solutions have to work for them if what we do is to succeed.
As an operator, together with the production engineer, you are responsible for the optimal progress of the production process. You identify problems and assist in resolving any issues during production. Additionally, you monitor the quality of the production process and supervise the production staff.
If you know all the ins and outs of the machine, you can assist in starting up production at future locations in Europe. In that case, you will also regularly stay abroad on weekdays. With the growth we anticipate, no day will be the same for the foreseeable future!
- A true go-getter who proactively takes responsibility to ensure that we can process as many eggs as possible.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Have a driver's license (B).
- Skilled in identifying and communicating potential issues.
In addition, you preferably have knowledge and experience in:
- Having a technical/chemical background in the broadest sense (education level MTS/MBO/VAPRO B).
- Demonstrable experience in a production environment (this can also be a holiday job).
- Having a broad practical skill set, so you can resolve first-line malfunctions yourself.
What can we offer?
Working as an operator at In Ovo means contributing to a fast-growing, ambitious organisation. You will deal with interesting and sometimes complex technical challenges, issues and brainteasers. In Ovo is a company large enough for you to work on a wide range of topics but small enough to stamp your mark and make a difference. Our culture is informal and the lines of communication short.
We also offer the following:
- A scale-up environment where you have unique opportunities to have a global impact on animal welfare.
- The innovative nature of In Ovo, where you constantly seek new opportunities and ways to grow with a lot of personal responsibility.
- A salary ranging from €3,000 to €3,500, depending on your work experience.
- Shift allowance for working hours outside 06:00 - 19:00 hrs.
- An annual budget of €1,500 for personal development.
- 25 vacation days per year, pension, and a work-from-home allowance.
Interested but still in doubt?
If you find the position interesting but have a few doubts, that is completely understandable.
Candidates who think they do not fully meet all the requirements tend to refrain from applying for certain positions. Unfortunately, this is more prevalent among women and people from ethnic minority backgrounds. So, we welcome applicants even if they have some doubts. We look forward to discussing your qualities and perhaps offering you a suitable position with our organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and a short application letter. If you would like more information, contact Ralph Roels, Recruitment Lead on +31 (0)6 14139696 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers using the contact details for this vacancy.